Tuesday, January 2, 2007

What's in a name?

I'm guessing that this is one of the most popular topics to start writing about on a blog - especially for beginners like myself, but I figured that the name "Raw Material" is not necessarily self-explanatory (or maybe it is). So here's a short attempt to explain how I arrived at the title.

Working in a pharmaceutical company, I would most likely associate the term "raw mateial" with all of the separate ingredients used to manufacture the finished product. It could also refer to the fact that my meanderings here will be pretty raw, half-baked and only a small part of the entire "production process" that is my life. And if I play my cards right, I'm hoping that eventually my posts will blend together somehow to create a finished product that will provide those who read it with insight and enjoyment (and keep my family updated on my life when I don't remember to call often enough).

I will mix in some thoughts about work, about family, about living in Israel, and at some point maybe I will find my voice and that special topic that I will concentrate on. Although I have actually considered it and am just waiting for the opportunity, I don't think that the company I work at is quite ready for a corporate blog yet (although, if the decision is ever made, I reserve the right to use the name "Raw Material" for my internal blog too!)

So, welcome to my blog, bear with me, and as they say at the start of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at Disneyland : "Here we gooooooooo!"

No comments: